Physiotherapy and Back Pain Specialist in Glasgow
A science based practice that treats injury and disease by external physical methods of reducing pain and restoring normal body movement and function. Treatment includes therapeutic exercise and treatment modalities.
Manipulative physiotherapy involves more precise clinical examination to return problem areas to full function or to stop deterioration. Treatment can include correction of misalignments, joint and soft tissue manipulation.
- Back problems - (nerve injuries, prolapsed disc, misalignments and sciatica)
- Sport and movement injuries (all levels)
- Recovery from surgery
- Rehabilitation (building up strength mobility and return to full function)
- Joint care (aches, stiffness short end range of motion, arthritis)
- Whiplash injuries
In each case a comprehensive clinical assessment, an accurate diagnosis and effective treatment will be followed by a GKPhysiotherapy practioner.
Some of the treatment methods used:
- Joint & soft tissue manipulation
- Exercise therapy
- Manipulation techniques - Spine & Peripheral Joints
- Mobilisation and stretching techniques
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular facilitation (PNF)
- Muscle energy techniques (MET)
- Myofacial / Therapeutic massage
- Electrical therapy modalities (TENS, interferential etc.)
- Guidance for self management of the dysfunctions is an integral part of every treatment that I give.
- Net Holman institution for coaches and instructors
- Enschede University of professional education – Bachelor in physiotherapy
- Glasgow Caledonian – MSc pathway Manual/musculoskeletal therapy.
- Health Professions Council (UK)
- Member of Chartered Society Physiotherapist (UK)
- B.I.G professional registration (The Netherlands)